are being designed and built for intersections all over America. Explore
these links to lots more great information:
Roundabouts in the Media:
Photos, videos and articles of roundabouts around the U.S.
Sample of Roundabout Projects in the U.S.:
Read the lessons learned following project overviews of roundaboiuts in the U.S.
Other Roundabout Links:
America's First Modern Roundabout Interchange,
Highway Administration: Roundabouts, An Informational Guide - pdf
To Use a Roundabout
- Detailed instruction for vehicle, pedestrian, and bicycle roundabout users with animated graphics from the New York State Department of Transportation
Calming measures implemented in Florida.
roundabout web site with information for motorists, road designers,
public officials with many photos of roundabouts in use throughout
- An Informational Guide, a publication
of the Federal Highway Administration
- Companion to Roundabouts, an Informational Guide. It has an
outline of the book, a database of built and planned U.S. roundabouts,
and an extensive bibliography of roundabout resources
- Alternate Street Design, P.A., a consultant that designs
traffic calming/ roundabout projects
- A public service web site maintained by Fehr & Peers, transportation
and operational issues for use of roundabouts by blind pedestrians
- Lineville Road, Wisconsin, Roundabout Study submitted to the
Brown Country Planning Commission (includes photographs,
figures on crash reductions and public feedback) - pdf
roundabouts came to Kansas - a summary by James Tobaben, the Chief
Transportation Planning with the Kansas Department of Transportation.
- Traveling Maryland's Roundabouts / Maryland State Highway Administration
- Avon, Colorado: Roundabout Capitol of the Rocky Mountains
- Photos of Roundabouts around the World
Road and Transport Research "What roundabout design provides
the highest possible safety? A Swedish study - pdf